6/3/11

Batman Cape

Remember the super hero cape I made a couple of weeks ago for my nephew??
If not you can check it out Here

Well, my son really wanted a cape too, and he has some batman pjs that were missing a cape, so I decided to make one to fit them.




Here are the pajamas....minus the cape.


I took my material and laid it over the pjs marked where I wanted the cape to go.

Then I cut out two identical pieces and sewed them together...set aside.


I turned the pj's over and traced the bat onto some tracing paper and cut it out.


Then I pinned it to some black felt.
I chose felt because it doesn't fray
Then I cut out an oval out of yellow felt and sewed the black onto the yellow, and then I zig zagged the yellow onto the back of the cape.
Then add some Velcro onto the corners of the cape making sure it matches up to the Velcro on the pjs.



My baby actually loved it as well.

I took a piece of black ribbon and added some velcro to it, so they can still wear the cape without the pjs.


A super easy batman cape!!!





Makes a happy little boy!!!

1 comment :

  1. Brilliant! Looks like it's a big hit too!!

    I would love if you came over and linked this project to my weekly Round Tuit party at:
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/
    Have a great week!
    Jill @ Creating my way to Success

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...