9/23/11

Stuffed animal blanket


My good friend just had a baby and I wanted to make her something cute.
I was in Porters and saw these darling stuffed animal blankets and thought I would give it a try!

The hardest part was finding a stuffed animal that you were willing to murder...in cold blood!!
This really did feel wrong!!
For a great tutorial on cutting animals and if you want to see how to make this into a scarf go Here!


After you cut your animal in half, take out some of the stuffing and pin it inside your blanket. Remember to put your fabric wrong side out, and leave several inches to turn it right side out once your blanket it sewn all the way around.

And now you have a darling stuffed animal blanket!

17 comments :

  1. Wow this is really cute! I bet it was the best present your friend got.
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! Looks fantastic - what a lucky baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The hardest part was finding a stuffed animal that you were willing to murder...in cold blood!!"

    That was my first thought when I saw the picture - that poor bear! :o)

    Great job, though. It turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...