2/9/11

Decorative plates


These are one of my favorite things I've done!
They were so easy!!! And so cheap!


Here is a picture of the whole dining room!
Supplies needed:
3 plates
(I did one white and 2 black, found at Walmart)
3/4 in. white circle labels
1 sheet of scrapbook paper
mod podge


Instructions:
I just took these circle labels and placed them on the two black plates. On one I spaced them closer and the other farther apart. I just eye balled them and did my best to make them look straight. I did a lot of adjusting. When I had them how I wanted, I put a layer of mod podge on, to give it that finished look! That is the secret!!!
And then on the white plate, I just did a circle out of the scrapbook paper and mod podged it on.....sooo easy!!!

It took a total of about 20 minutes! And I love the way they turned out!

If you haven't guessed, most of my kitchen is in black and white!



Then I had my sweet hubby mount this plate rack to the wall, which I got at Joanns on clearance!! Horrah! Add your cute plates in
and stand back and admire!


36 comments :

  1. I never would have guessed you didn't buy the plates that way! So creative!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Cute Trina! I would just like to know when do you find all the time to do all of your crafts. With 4 kids, that I'm sure keep you very busy, I totally don't understand it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blog hopping today and am your newest follower. I hope that 1 of my blogs interests you too.

    http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com
    http://btrbb.blogspot.com
    http://tawnassecret.blogspot.com

    I also do a weekend blog hop, you can link up on http://tawnasplan.blogspot.com open every Friday-Sunday!
    Thanks
    Tawna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cute! I'm all about Mod Podge too! Thanks for stopping by and following me. I'm following you back!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love black and white. I'm following you now- I'm going to poke around to catch some glimpses of your black and white kitchen.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute... you never could guess that they were stickers...have a super weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute! I've been looking for black and white plates so glad you did this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great project and it would be a nice way to give new life to older plates too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those plates look great! Good job! I love a good thrifty project.

    http://www.jembellish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those are seriously cute and how super easy to make them! I am going to have to try them out. Thanks for the idea!

    http://simplesweetnessblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saw this over at Bella Before & After. Just beautiful! i love it.

    www.luxeboulevard.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stopping by from Our Simple Country Life... Those are too cute! I can't wait to try something like that for my dining room, I have a plate rack I've been needing to do something with.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun project! :) I haven't tried modge podging plates yet...but i think i'd like to!

    I'm a new follower, you have some cute and interesting creations here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is so awesome!!! So Retro too! I love the look of black and white and of course monogramming I believe you could do these with the criket as well?

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love these! In fact from your plates, I did a soap dispenser with my Cricut and vinyl in black swirls. Thanks! Have a great rest of the weekend!
    http://lamarkham.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous idea!! Thanks for linking @Creative Itch's "Paper Crafts Linky Party"!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great idea! I have the same plate stand and it's just been sitting in my closet forever -- no bueno! Time to make use of it! Thanks girl! <3

    xoXOxo
    Jenn @ Peas & Crayons

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...