5/16/11

Sweet Potato Biscuits

This is a recipe that my mom used to make for us when we were kids.

It is also a way to get your kids to eat a serving of vegetable and not know it!!

Sneaky...sneaky!!!

My son is super picky and he ate these!!



I made some sausage gravy and poured over the top of mine, but my husband thought that was weird, so he did a butter cinnamon mixture and poured over his....which I have to admit was really good!!

Sweet Potato Biscuits

1 c. flour
3 t. baking powder
2/3 t. salt
4 T. shortening
1 c. cooked sweet potatoes (mashed)
1/3 c. milk

Cut shortening into flour, salt and baking powder which have been sifted together. Stir in sweet potatoes and add enough milk to make a dough stiff enough to roll. Roll on floured tombstone and cut with biscuit cutter. Bake at 375 degrees for about 25 minutes.

I am totally lazy and didn't want to roll them out and cut them, so I added a little bit more milk and dropped them by spoonfuls onto my cookie sheet and baked them. And they turned out great!!!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...