5/19/11

Re-purposing: Turtle neck shirt to dress

Does anyone else have a child that refuses to wear turtle necks or long sleeves?

Well, my little 4 year old will not wear either of these...without a battle!

I hate to give all of her long sleeve shirts away, so I took one and made it into a dress...that she will wear!


The turquoise shirt came from another project that I am working on.
It was one of my old shirts!



I actually forgot to take a picture before I put on the rhinestones, and when I did it was a poor shot, but you get the idea!

I cut off the sleeves and made them short.

I will demonstrate in future posts how to do all of these techniques.



I decided to add a ruffle along the bottom of the dress. I think it added a lot!

Here is the neckline. I cut off the turtle neck and added some ruffles. I will show how to do these ruffles later this week!

Here is the rhinestones. I am so excited to show how to do this!!!

Now we have something she will wear...without the fight!!

The back view!!!



Visit thecsiproject.com

4 comments :

  1. you need to link this up to the csi project....it's repurposed shirt week...this would be awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute little dress! Love the ruffles and rhinestones!

    I would love if you came and linked this project to my clothes upcycling page. It has a long term linky, so your project would stay there for more than just the week of a usual linky. We have over 60 projects linked up now – some fantastic ideas – and this month I’m upcycling lots of clothes and trying to feature lots of the links too!
    Do come and take a look!
    http://jembellish.blogspot.com/p/clothes-upcycling-projects.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it is also very good. change some things like belts will better

    thiet ke nha dep



    biet thu dep

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to share this post its all information is really very nice.

    wholesale Childrens Clothing
    wholesale Baby Items

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...