4/13/11

My canvas art...in the bathroom

So, as promised, I am going to show how I made these canvases for my bathroom.

They were so easy!



I actually had purchased these canvases for another project that I had in mind, but this idea popped in my head....it was so nice actually to already have some on hand! That is what happens when you are a craft hoarder!!!




I started out painting them tan....didn't like it.....then baby poop brown...still didn't like it...then dark brown....and I liked it!

In this picture you can still see the many shades of brown it was!


Then add your vinyl!
I absolutely love my silhouette.....I love it almost as much as a child....all most!!!
Speaking of my silhouette...the other day my littlest child pulled it off of the table...oh my heck....I came unglued!!! It was all right...but man....I thought someone took my heart and just ripped it out of my chest! Don't mess with my silhouette!!!!!!


Then I put a layer of this sparkle stuff on.....I like it, but the man of the house didn't...he doesn't like sparkles! Come on!!!

I love how they turned out! Even in their sparkling state!!!


13 comments :

  1. these are great trina!! i love them and that color brown is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love these! I'm coveting your silhouette...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love them! I really wish a had just an ounce of creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are so fun! What a great addition to your bathroom. I really like the birds ones. I have a silhouette and need to use it more often but with 2 kids ages 2 and 4 months I don't get to use it as often as I would like. Thanks for the great idea. I really need to try this and use my silhouette more.

    justenoughstyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for linking to Take-A-Look Tuesday - I featured you today! - Mandy, www.SugarBeeCrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love for you to come by and link up to Inspire Me Monday. It's up all week!
    http://singingthreelittlebirds.blogspot.com/2011/04/inspire-me-monday_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I'm so glad to know there are other craft hoarders out there! ;) Canvases are expensive usually, so when they are on sale I buy lots! :)

    I absolutely love the way these turned out! Such a cute theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How adorable are those? I found your blog from the Silhouette blog party.

    You have a great blog...I am your newest follower.

    Hugs,
    Connie

    ReplyDelete
  9. what is the size of the canvas? can u pls reply me ..

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where did you find the vinyl? Ive been searching high and low and seem to hit the wall. Maybe im not looking for the right thing. Thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm new to crafting. Where do I buy those same sihouettes? Thank you. It looks great!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...