5/3/11

Baby bib and burp cloth

My sister in law had a baby boy, and I wanted to make her some bibs and burp cloths.

One thing I hate about burp cloths, is that it seams like the spit up doesn't absorb into the fabric very good.

So I wanted to add terry cloth to one side of it.


I bought a white towel at Ross, and was able to make several out of it.

I used one that I already had as a pattern


Now I have two pieces of fabric cut out


Then turn the fabrics right sides together and sew all the way around, leaving an opening on one end...a couple of inches open.

Now sew up the opening and I actually sewed all the way around it, about 1/2 inch in.
Just to make sure it doesn't go anywhere!


Ta-Da! Super easy!!

Now for the burp cloth!

I used one already that I had for a pattern


Now you have the front and back

Now, I really wanted to make this easy on me, so I just placed the two pieces together, WRONG sides together. So, you don't have to turn this inside out.

I just sewed all the way around, leaving about 3/4 inch, so I could make it into a rag big.


I added my velcro!

Then just take your scissors and clip little slits all the way around, making sure you don't clip too close to your stitches. Then I threw it in the wash to give it a nice rag look!


That is all....so fast and simple and makes a super great baby shower gift!

1 comment :

  1. I never thought of just buying a cheap towel to use! Terry cloth is so expensive! I've been contemplating how to make some for my little one coming in August! Thanks for the ideas!! Can't wait to get started!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...